Sunday, May 6, 2012

San Antonio Zoo!

We spent the next morning at the San Antonio Zoo.  It had enough different animals than Houston so we thought it would be interesting.  We were looking forward to seeing the hippo.  Plus they had a butterfly garden, so that in itself was worth the trip.

 Again it had all your typical zoo animals - sorry I don't have the exact names...I love the animals at the zoo, but it is usually pretty difficult to get good family shots, since they would all be of the back your head because you are looking at the animals.


 Not exactly sure what this guy was - relative of the guinea pig I think.
 Cool that you could see underwater
 HUGE frog
 Again cool that you could see the underwater part of this alligator.
 The HIPPO!  There were two of them and they were nearly completely underwater.
 One of the girls' favorite animals

 Allie and Kevin on the baby elephant statue.
 Maddie's turn!



 Baby and Mama Kangaroo 
 Ouch!! Porcupine.
We will definitely be returning to the zoo on our next visit to San Antonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment