We traditionally put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. The last two years Kevin and I put up the actual tree and silver beads Thanksgiving night. That way when the girls wake up in the morning, they can help with the ornaments. Here is Maddie helping....
Notice the clusters of ornaments from the girls' height and down? They really enjoyed decorating.
Maddie and Allie so happy with the process and the results.
This is our tree today, December 23rd. Notice how bare the bottom half of the tree is??? Two days after Thanksgiving we bought the girls their own tree for their room. I was thinking table top. Kevin bigger...
we found this great pre-lite one with colored lights - 4 feet tall (only $20 at Target). I had a few ornaments I saved for their tree. They had other ideas in mind. Basically it involved moving every ornament they could reach off the family tree to decorate their tree. Every branch has at least one and there are several along the bottom on the floor for added fanciness. Then after we went to Celebration Christmas at our Church, they added the streamers that shot from the ceiling that we picked off the floor - very pretty silver and gold. The girls, especially Maddie has LOVED decorating her tree and literally spent hours transferring ornaments. O Christmas Trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment