Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reading!

 Allie and Maddie love to read and hear stories.  They are even starting to tell their own stories.  I often find the girls just sitting "reading" a book.
 We go to story time at the library each Thursday morning at 10am.  Allison and Madeline LOVE it!!  And I am so glad they do.  I am a bit of a schedule freak as many of you know - including when it comes to story time.  Thursday mornings are sacred and rain or shine you will find us at the library.  We usually check out books each week.  This week when we got home and I was making lunch the girls got started reading their new books.

 We have had a few power outages the last week or so.  Even though it is still light in the house the girls still get all excited.  I suggested that they each play by a window.  I found Allie with her chair turned to the window reading her doggie a book.

 I LOVE READING!!
The library has a summer reading program.  I thought the girls were too little to sign up, but I was wrong.  Each week when Ms. Lynn would talk about the prizes, Allie and Maddie would get excited - even more so when they saw a fellow story timer with their trophy.  They girls had to have 20 books read to them - which was an easy accomplishment.  I thought it would be more fun to space it out.  So every week we would log five books and get a reward with each trip....bookmark, pencil, certificate, and a trophy!  They were really excited!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment