As previously posted, our doctors have decided that our new c-section date will be January 22nd. I was excited about this date for a silly reason - 22 happens to be my favorite number. It was my basketball number in high school and I have liked it ever since. Also having 2 girls on the 22nd sounded great. And I love even numbers! Not sure if that is the accountant or third grade teacher in me. I know... I am weird.
Well, after listening to our pastor's message tonight on webcast, I realized the other significance of January 22nd. In 1973, on January 22nd, the Roe vs Wade decision was made. How sad. I am not sure what else to say, except that was a sad day and as Pastor Gregg discussed tonight - people don't know the truth about abortion. Here is the link to his sermon which should be posted soon www.hfbc.org/audio
I for one am very grateful for a woman's decision not to abort. I would never had met my wonderful husband, who would have never have been born, had one young woman decided to abort. About six weeks before the Roe vs. Wade decision was handed down, Kevin was born. And about three months later he was adopted into a loving home. I am so thankful for my wonderful, loving husband, who is already being a terrific daddy to his baby girls. Last night we had our last date night probably for awhile. It was pretty low key considering my energy level - dinner and a netflix movie. He sat through the romantic comedy with his hand on my tummy just enjoying the girls' movement. Also he sang to them, which they love. I can tell because they move around like crazy. What a sweet man! He also reads them Texas history, but I won't go there right now....
No comments:
Post a Comment