Scalan Oaks Elementary, a school in our neighborhood where our nephews attend, has a fun run fundraiser every year. Kevin goes out and runs the 5K! For the second year, he decided to push the girls as well! Here they are ready to run!
Uncle Keith was running too!
Here is Uncle Keith approaching the finish line.
About a half minute later I heard a lady say something like, that is amazing, this guy is pushing a stroller. I wasn't expecting Kevin so soon. He had a great run! He finished in 25 minutes and 12 seconds - that is few seconds above an 8 minute mile pace!! Way to go KJ!! (BTW the girls are about 30 pounds each and we don't have one of those fancy jogging strollers. The front wheel is stationary, so you have to tilt it back to turn it.)
After the 5K the girls got to play. They got their hands painted.
Went fishing for prizes
Hugged the Chick-Fil-A cow
and danced with the Chick-Fil-A cow.
Thankfully the Sate Farm Bear was there too, so each girl had a dancing partner.
The girls were out there with all these "big girls" dancing the morning away!
I also signed the girls up for the toddler trot, to support the school and so they could have a t-shirt.
I think it was about 50 feet. The time they lined all the little ones up - half of them started and there was no turning back! It was fun! Next year I think they can try for the 1/4 mile. Maybe I will run that with them...I can start training now.
No comments:
Post a Comment