I wasn't sure whether to call this post Dogs Days of Summer - because we have been inside so much because of the extreme heat. Or Sick as a Dog, since we spent the first three weeks of August sick. Yes, it has been very hot in Texas, I think more than normal. So the girls and I haven't ventured out even for a walk. My grandma who lives in Chicago always asks if I could walk the girls first thing in the morning. Well, the other day I check at 9am it was 100+ heat index. No thank you.
On August 2nd Madeline woke up with a clear runny nose. I didn't think too much of it. Two days later we were at the doctor's office because she woke up with a yellow crusted eye that once cleaned up continued to tear all morning. I was told she had a bacterial infection and was given antibiotics. I was also instructed to watch Allison and if needed they would call her in a prescription too. That night Allie and I spent from 9 pm until midnight together. She wouldn't let me put her down. She was so congested she just cried and that made it worse. (Thankfully she is normally a fantastic sleeper). So the next morning Allie started medicine too. Both girls got diarrhea and it was AWFUL! I had more leaks and did more laundry that week than ever. I won't go into details...but if you ever played the game when you were little "What is grosser than gross?" I can probably top your grosser than grosser (for something that actually happened). After eight days, our dear friend Aimee said I could stop the meds and diarrhea if the girls were better. That was an answer to prayer. Then we still had or got a viral infection - runny noses. Which lead to drainage and a cough. Both girls started wheezing too. So back at the doctor and then we started on breathing treatments. Three times a day for ten days. Madeline was better in a week, so I stopped. Allie and I were back at the doctor after a week. She is still wheezing a little and today (August 26th) is Day 11 of breathing treatments. I am debating whether we need to take the next step and get a lung x-ray.
During all this Kevin got sick had to have breathing treatments, a steroid shot, steroid pills, and antibiotics too. I got my third infection of mastitis and went on antibiotics too. Praise God I never felt sick. You would think we had the germest house around.
That all said...we spent most of the month inside. Our biggest entertainment was DAISY!! The girls love to watch her, pet her, roll to her, hug her, and get their picture taken with her. And Daisy loves the attention..most of the time.
So what is cuter than cuter? - babies and a dog.....
Sorry you have had a crummy month! Silver lining: at least you aren't back at school :)
ReplyDelete