Monday, February 4, 2013

Growing Up...

Our precious girls are growing up!  For people who don't seem them very often and then do, I often hear, "wow, there are getting so big!"  Yes, they are getting big!  Physically of course - Allie was off the charts at their 3 year old appointment and Maddie, an inch shorter than sister is 90th%.  But today at Stomping Grounds indoor playground, Allie did a big girl thing.  She went into her own stall in the bathroom, locked the door, and went potty all by herself.  First time!  She told me she needed privacy. : )  Then when we got home, Maddie went to wash her hands and said she could do it all by herself.  I asked if I could watch.  Sure enough, she can reach and dispense the soap and up on her tippy toes, she can turn the faucet on.  She did exactly what she was suppose to.  Independence is a nice thing, but a little sad that they don't me for every little thing anymore.

I don't have any pictures from Stomping Grounds, but above is a picture from last week.  It was a warm January day so Allie and Maddie took their dolphin and tiger for a walk.  It was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment