Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 31st - Hootananny!!

 Yesterday we attended our first HOOTANANNY!!  The girls dressed up as butterflies and we had an incredible time!  I purchased a set of four butterfly wings about two years back and we were finally able to put them to use.  My friend Amy J found these great leggings and tops at Old Navy that completed the outfit.  We added our own antennae and we were off and flying!  Sweet Allie picked the blue wings because she knows it is my favorite color.  She was super excited after nap to finally get her costume on and was flying all over the house!
 Precious Butterflies - Allie and Maddie
 Maddie is smelling flowers and Allie flapping her wings (arms) because that is what butterflies do! 
 A little better view of the wings
 Every year our church hosts a Fall Festival.  Kevin usually volunteers and I man down the house and hand out candy.  I had no idea what we were in for!!  We started the night with a petting zoo and then pony/donkey rides.
 Then we danced the night away with a half dozen Chick-Fil-A cows!  Allie danced or hugged every one of them!! 
 Then on their own accord they walked up on staged and continued dancing! (by this point Maddie had taken off her wings.  I purposely had simple costumes hoping they would last the whole night).
 More dancing with cows - this one in a pj costume!
 Maddie with the clown cow!
 After bounce houses, chalk, fishing, frog games, cake walks, lots of candy, and playing in rice (much cleaner than sand) we ended the night with a train ride.
 The girls were excited to ride in Percy/Emily (both green engines from Thomas- please don't tell them they didn't ride in the engine).  Hope you had a fun October 31st!

1 comment:

  1. I've hear the Fall Festival is amazing! Glad you guys had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete