But, boy, did we have a good time! The girls loved Amani and David. David is actually not Kenyan. He's from Congo. I think that makes him Congolese. They pulled up some YouTube videos of their performances as part of the Afrizo group, which is a like a co-ed Singing Cadets (an A&M thing) of Daystar University in Kenya. Here is their group picture (used without permission). David and Amani are on the right side.

David speaks 5 languages. Amani speaks two or three. I may have that backwards, but the point is that these guys are smart! They sing like meadowlarks and were terrific with the girls. They are in their second year of university studying information systems. I can't imagine them sitting in front of a computer for a living. They're too fun to be around to be stuck in a room with programmers (no offense intended to any techy friends who may be reading this). Here are some picks of them "paying for their night's stay" with babysitting duties. Allie and Maddie thought they were terrific.
Amani learned pretty quickly that Maddie likes to be read to.
No comments:
Post a Comment