Friday, July 2, 2010

Chicago - Our First Flying Adventure!!

As a family we have been on many adventures: Chick-Fil-A, dress shopping, Church, birthday parties, Mother Goose Story Time, etc.. I know these don't sound too adventurous to you, but with five month old twins, anything can be a real adventure. This one topped it all! Getting on a plane for an eight day trip to Chicago was quite a challenge. We endured crying, spitting up, pooing through clothes and car seats, colds, a fever, sore throats, and traffic. However, the pictures below show that it was all worth it.

We new that at some point we would head north to Chicago to visit family and friends. However, when my sister and Chris set a June 26th wedding date, the trip was sooner than we may have thought that we would travel with babies. It was wonderful "to show the girls off" to family and friends. Luckily we have two babies, because when one got sick, the other was able to "carry the show". I had planned on taking pictures of the girls' first flight (I took zero) and more of the wedding(I only actually took two!), but that was nearly impossible. Hopefully the wedding photographer got some good pictures.




Allison and Madeline with their Great Grandma June

Four Generations


This is one picture I didn't want to miss - even though we had just gotten off the plane, I thought it was important to capture.


Luckily, we did have another four generation photo op at my mom's house. Here is one with just Allie.
And Maddie with her mom, grandma, and great grandma.


Madeline enjoying the hydrangea in my mom's yard.

Allison was sick this afternoon, so we thought we would get a picture just the three of us.

Aunt Taylor and Madeline

Great Aunt Lynn and Madeline
Great Aunt Lynn and Allison
My Uncle Gary (does that make him a Great Uncle to the girls?) and Allison

Uncle Gary and Madeline
Aunt Sue and Uncle Chris with the girls (the tornado sirens had stopped going off by this point - a whole another adventure....)

Aunt Sue and Maddie


Uncle Chris with Allison

Aunt Sue and Allison. I am surprised that she actually wanted to hold her. Allie made quite the first impression. When we arrived at Sue's house and got Allison out of her infant carrier, she was covered in poo!! She managed to cover herself, her infant carrier, the towel underneath, and the seat of the mini-van!
All dressed up for Aunt Sue and Uncle Chris' wedding. By this point, both girls were sick. At least Allison's fever had broken. They did terrific during the ceremony, but only lasted about an hour into the reception. It was just enough time to say hi to extended family.

This is the only other picture I took at the wedding. It is of Sue's "little sister", Krista. Krista's mom played the harp beautifully at the wedding. So since her mom was busy, Krista hung out with Kevin and the girls. She came up to help change the girls' diapers (it was a preventative measure.)
We also had time to spend with several of my friends.

Here we are with the Russell Family. I used to babysit these kids!! Steve just graduated High School!
Here is Allison with Nana Claudine (Mari's mother)


Steve opening his graduation gift from us. He is off to Cornell is the fall!!

Hanging out with Cassie! It was day four or our adventure and we needed a low-key day. Cassie came to our hotel to play.
Visiting with Sue Funk. Madeline wasn't quite her smiling self, so Allie got all the attention. Sue has four year girl/boy twins and has been a great friend especially through all this!
We also got to see Kevin's roommate from the year he lived in Connecticut. Although Greg, Alexis, Jonas,and Vivian currently live in San Diego, they happened to be in town this weekend. They were driving through Chicago after visiting family in Indiana and heading to Rhilelander, Wisconsin to visit more family. It was terrific to be able to hang out with them for even an hour.

The girls loved playing with Jonas and Vivian.
My dad and Suzanne came to visit us from Minnesota. It was terrific to be able to see them. Once again I didn't have much of a chance to take pictures. I actually only took one and I think it was a great shot! Not sure if I have mentioned that both girls seem to be preteething. Notice the fingers in the mouth and the drool down Allie's dress.

LegoLand happened to be next door to the restaurant where we met Greg and his family. We went inside for a quick peek. Kevin loves Legos! Yes, if you look closely you will see that the giraffe is made of Legos!
We had a free afternoon, so as a family we walked part of the trail in Busse Woods. I thought some fresh air would do us all some good! It was beautiful!



Here is my one and only travel shot...Kevin with six of our seven bags! Luckily we were able to borrow several things from my sister's friend - otherwise there would have been more!! Oh, and I shipped a few things directly there.

This adventure is over....until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment